Stephen A. Davis
Partner, Ventry Industries LLC
Until recently Stephen A. Davis held the position of President and Chief Operation Officer of American Saw & Mfg. Company in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts. American Saw is the world's leading manufacturer of band saw blades and related products. In January 2003, American Saw was acquired by Newell Rubbermaid, a global marketer of consumer products with 2001 sales of nearly $7 billion.
During his career Mr. Davis served as a Director for numerous companies, including American Saw & Mfg. Company International, AmSaw Miranda, Mumbai, India, Dumont Company, Greenfield, Massachusetts, ALO-Teknik, Mora, Sweden, SPACE-Springfield Area Center for Excellence, and Associated Industries of Massachusetts.
Mr. Davis is a member of numerous organizations. Among them, he serves as member of the Association for Manufacturing Excellence, membership Chair of the Young Presidents' Organization, and member of the Advisory Committee of Merriam-Graves Industries, Charleston, New Hampshire. He is also very active in his community either as member, trustee, committee member or chair of many civic, social and charitable organizations.
Mr. Davis graduated from Nichols College in Dudley, Massachusetts in 1980 with a BS Business Administration (Marketing) degree.
Innovation Director IDG
Blair Crum has worked in the industrial metalworking marketplace with both manufacturers and distributors for the past 49 years. He has broad experience in sales and marketing, quality process management, purchasing management and training and has served on numerous manufacturer’s Distributor Advisory Councils.
Blair’s working career has been primarily with two companies: Norton Company and IDG (Industrial Distribution Group). Significant responsibilities have included the following:
- Norton Company-Worcester, Mass.
- Director of Training
- Director of Marketing-Coated Abrasives
- National Sales Manager-Safety Products
- IDG (Industrial Distribution Group)-Belmont, NC
- Vice President Purchasing
- Vice President Marketing
- Vice President Quality Process
- Director Strategic Supplier Relations
Blair is a Cornell University graduate with a B.A. in Economics. He lives with his wife of 49 years, Patricia, in Shelby, North Carolina
President, Industrial Distribution Consulting, LLC
Kevin Boyle has more than 35 years’ experience in industrial distribution. He is widely recognized as an expert in the field of distributor and manufacturer business relationships.
Prior to establishing Industrial Distribution Consulting in May, 2010, Kevin was the vice president of channel management and industrial distribution for the Loctite Industrial Group, Henkel Corporation for 10 years. In total Kevin spent 24 years managing industrial distribution for Loctite.
Throughout his career Kevin’s expertise has be recognized by many trade and educational organization, including:
- Manufacturing chairman of the Power Transmission Distributor Association, PTDA
- Chairman of education PTDA
- Industrial Distribution Association, IDA, board of directors
- IDA strategic planning and education task forces
- Industrial Supply Association, ISA advisor to small and emerging companies committee
- AEA, University of Industrial Distribution, instructor
- University of New Haven, guest lecturer “Career opportunities in industrial distribution”
- Texas A&M School of Industrial Distribution , lecturer
- Wake Forest University &Corporate Development Institute , guest lecturer “Profitable Partnerships between manufacturers and distributors.” A program exclusively for manufacturers
- Modern Distribution Management ,MDM, editorial board
- Chairman of a Benchmarking Consortium of Non Competing Manufacturers for 22 years
- Advisory board of directors of several manufacturers
In addition to his responsibilities for Henkel in the United States Kevin served a mentor for Henkel colleagues globally. He continues to mentor manufactures today through his consulting business.
He holds an MBA from the University of New Haven. He lives with his wife Suzanne, in Madison, Connecticut and New York City.
President of JME International
Michael Jalbert is a respected business and board leader. He has served as President, CEO, or Chairman of five multi-national technology businesses.
For eleven years, he was Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of E.F. Johnson Technologies, Inc. - a $150 million NASDAQ company that designs and markets secure mobile telecommunications and voice encryption solutions. He was previously a member of the Board of Directors of Microdyne Corporation and Strategic Communications, Inc. He also has served on the Advisory Board of Stanley Martin Company. He was also President and Chief Operating Officer of West Chemicals, a private worldwide specialty chemical manufacturer.
Mr. Jalbert has been active in industry and civic groups as well. He has served as a member of the Executive Board of Tech America (formerly the American Electronics Association) and Chairman of its Potomac Council. He has been on the Advisory Board of Hospice of Northern Virginia and a member of the Board of Directors of the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association.
Michael Jalbert has led seminar discussions on strategic business restructuring at both Harvard Business School and the Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. He has earned his bachelor's degree from Loyola-Concordia University and has completed Executive Programs at the business schools of The University of Virginia and the University of Michigan.